Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Confused?

The main character in the novel that I am reading, alternately with another book, has this part where the main character was faced with the formerly-hateful dorm-mate. The dorm mate is feeling down as he is just being dumped by his girlfriend because of political reason. Silly... but whatever it is, that's not my point...

The part that caught me is that the main character was said quite relief as the dorm-mate seemed to be finished with the actual sobbing.
The book mentioned that we all used to our own crying, but anyone else's made us uncomfortable. it's so true! It's already so hard to deal with our own, do not mention others. Phew~ You will never know what to do, or what they want you to do. Some people want hugging, and some people wish you would just leave them to it. It was all too confusing.

Most of the time, I will not ask too much when someone is not feeling well. I either will just stay quite, comfort a bit or sometime I will scold them, mind you though... if you are not too closed and that person does not feel loved enough to take your scolding, you better stay quite... I am not a pro in comforting others, and another consideration is that try to put yourself in their shoes. For me, it would be much easier to calm down when I am left alone.

Anyway, I have my own believe that living in this world is not easy, but it's not difficult as well, most of the time, when people need help, especially to people we are closed with, we will ask, or at least I will...
So, it might be confusing what one should do when they are faced with moody or emotionally unstable people, but just bear in mind, most people will tell you what to do... Some will start to share with you their issues, it means they need your pair of ears. Some will start asking you questions, it means they need your opinon. Some others would just stay quite, it means they would like you to do the same.

The reason that it's all very complicated, becuase you are dealing with human!

No comments: