Friday, November 5, 2010

It's my pleasure~

Today is an unplanned day! I did plan... I want to wake up early, read my book, go to temple (hmmm...), go to bookstore, shop for a bit, then... am going for swimming. At the end, only the first one was realized.

I woke up early (consider early for a holiday), then... I just finished bathing, and I got an sms which at the end, I found myself at work. There go my temple visit, bookstore and shopping plan.

Then, when I was about to leave, I received a phone call. Tadaaaaa... another unplanned, my childhood friend is in town. I know that she is, but I do not know when she is going to contact me, and it's today! There go my swimming. BUT I am happy that she called. =D

Tonight was well-spent. She is my neighbor's grand grand daughter (her grand grandma loved me so much, I was closer to her than to my own grandma). We were a very good friend before. I can't remember when she started visiting her family (grandma, grandpa, uncle, aunties who are all my neighbor) less often OR it's me who visit her family less often? Most likely, it's the latter. I guessed it's after her grand grandma passed away.

And last year during Chinese New Year, we met again! (I always visit her grandma and grandpa and of course to pay my respect to her grand grandma, every year when I am back home for CNY) That's how she got my name card and Facebook connects us =D

Anyway, tonight we talked about our childhood time: how her grand grandma loved both of us, how her grand grandma would come to my school and scolded my classmate who made me cried, how we were the queens of all kids in her grandpa's house (in that little town, their house was known as Rumah Gedong, meaning: Big House. Last time, at least when all her family were gathered together there are at least 7 kiddos running around, and you would still feel, you can actually throw in another 7 kiddos and there are still space for you to 'dance'!), how we sang on the stage at her uncle's wedding dinner (song title: Abang Tukang Bakso) and we did not finish the song, as we couldn't remember the lyrics but we still got a lot of red packets from the guests.

It was 15 years ago, at least!

My friend's mom has always been good to me as well. I remember she bought me a very cute pencil case that my mom will not be buying that kind of thing for me before. haha... It was during my primary school time. I remembered I still had it with me when I was in my senior high school. Then I misplaced it... Or it's because I was starting to earn my own money, then I appreciated things lesser at that time. My bad~ =(

When I sent them off, they were saying thank you. I do not know how to translate it to Hokkien, but I just want to let them know: "It's my pleasure"

No comments: