Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Guide to Daily Living

I was attending the Rotary Club installation dinner last week. They distributed the Rotary Club newsletter, introducing the president, vice president, and other fellow Rotarians. Also, it summarizes the activities that the club has been doing, then there is this article titled as "The Guide to Daily Living".

It says "The 'Guide' serves to remind Rotarians of their priorities when doing 'Service Above Self' and when executing their obligations applying the object of Rotary."

However, I find that asking these questions to ourself will also help us to realize or it is simply reminding some important things in Life that we have overlooked.
Below is the higlight of the article. Stop and Think!


1. Have I spent some time in self-examinations?
This prompts us to evaluate ourselves and our ability to serve.

2. Have I spent quality time with my family?
This reiterates our commitment to our family - often neglected in the hustle and bustle of modern life, in same cases, we just take things for granted.

3. Have I given my best to my work?
This is reminder of the need to commit ourselves to work excellence and the practice of high ethical standard.

4. Have I given some time to someone near and far?
This prods us to remember the many less fortunate among us, at home and abroad, who need a helping hand - so taht we would "Lend A Hand". Such acts always lead to promotion of goodwill, understanding, and peace.

Have I?

No comments: