Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Race against Cancer


Live healthy and Do that small good thing for those who need it. Here I am, signing up for the 'Race Against Cancer' by Singtel and Singapore Cancer Association.

Previously, thinking to participate with colleagues in Shape Run, but... too bad we are late for the registration.

When I filled in the registration form for the run, there are a column asking the reason for the participants in joining this event. I leave mine blank, but if I were to fill it in:

1. I just feel that I need to challenge myself. Create my own little achievement and feeling good about it. Since, I decide to do this (even I am not physically prepared), so... I thought I just need to commit and Just Do It. =D

2. The fee is donated to the Singapore Cancer Society. I think it's a good way in helping others and MYSELF!

Not that I like this fact, but I realize that I have a limit in the things that I can do. For now, I will just start from a very small step, but at least... I am glad that I am moving forward!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Lin! Great that you took the step to participate in the Race Against Cancer. =)
If you'd like to rally your friends to support your efforts, you could consider creating a fundraising page on www.GIVE.sg and become a Charity Athlete.
Huda is an example of a participant who is doing so. Here's a link to here page http://www.give.sg/TeamGIVE/JustForKim/SingaporeCancerSociety