Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Notebook



Was watching this movie, The Notebook (2004), quite an old movie, though quite nice ending there.

This is an epic love story centered around an older man who reads aloud to an older, invalid woman whom he regularly visits. From a faded notebook, the old man's words bring to life the story about a couple who is separated by World War II, and is then passionately reunited, seven years later, after they have taken different paths. To make it short, the story is actually Their story.

Allie (Rachel McAdams) and Noah (Ryan Gosling) begin a whirlwind courtship that soon blossoms into tender intimacy. But, the young couple is quickly separated by Allie's upper-class parents who insist that Noah isn't right for her. Several years pass, and, when they meet again, their passion is rekindled, forcing Allie to choose between her soul mate and class order.


For me this movie is just Ok. But I like the last scene best. When the old gentleman and lady died together, with hand holding each other. T.T Despite that it is always sad for the family who is left behind, but it's just Beautiful.
This story reminds me of my neighbor, a sweet married couple. The old lady really took a good care of me when I was little. She lived next door (before she moved hundreds metres away, which is still in the same 'village') and I were a friend of her great grandchildren who lived in different city. She taught me a lot of things and I really feel grateful for her companion, 'shelter' and lessons of life given. And I think she was really a lucky lady. She was married to a gentleman, a very nice indeed, and they reallly made up a sweet couple.

The day when the lady left, forever, the old gentleman was sitting quite in the chair, sad for sure. My father and I were sitting beside him, he told my father one thing and only, he said "We are married for ## years." (I can't remember exactly how many years, I was eleven that time, but there would be 50 years, at least) One thing for sure, he was grieving. I remember that I was crying that time, I was sad. Now, I just feel that is so Beautiful. Even if I still will shed tears for them, it will be for a different reason this time.

Grateful to have them in my life =)

No comments: