Monday, May 5, 2008

Brightest Light in the Darkest Night



Has been so busy arranging trip to Thailand this few days. Finding the best way to get there (either bus or train as we would like to stop by in Hat Yai), arranging the time so can make it on time to Phuket (planned to make reservation of the accomodation for 10 May - 12 May 2008). akh!!! Looks so easy. But, let me tell you, it's Not at all.

Ok... Nevermind, everything settles now. What I wanna share is how a customer service has lighten up my day. =)
This accomodation has been purchased last two years from QVI Club. By default it is a 3 days 2 night package in Patong Tower Condominium, Phuket, Thailand. Never thought that I would use it up. But, now I do.

As this trip is a very sudden one, so I just started to look up for the information few days back, such as: how to reserve, where is the exact location of this condominium, etc etc. And so coincident that last few days, there is holiday (labor day on May 1), so there is few days gap taken before I got my email replied. My first email send to QVI Customer Service Team is to asked the procedure to reserve this package. After they replied my first email, now I know I just need to tell them the arrival/departure date in Phuket. Again, My second email of reservation took another few more days as it's weekend.
Then, I woke up this morning, first thing I did was make a call to QVI office in Singapore. Called them up, one of the customer service told me that there is no room available on 10-12 May, but they do have 13-15 May or 7-9 May. I can't decide on the spot. So I just told her, I will discuss with others first. Then, I called back Indonesia asked my parents' opinion. Then, we decided that 7 May is just impossible, as my parent will only reach here tommorow night. 13 May is too late, because, my parents don't wish to spend so many days in Malaysia. So we decided, if they cannot let us check in around 8, 9 or10 May, then we will just find other hotel. (I still wish they would have available room, as I checked from Internet, Patong Tower Condominum is just so niceeeeeeeeeee)
Then I called QVI club, again. This time is another CS that was answering my call, a kind and very helpful CS.

Me: Can you helped me check, again, room for 10 to 12 May?
CS: (Keystorke sounds) For that days, all are fully booked.
Me: Ah... (Although I've already known, still very dissapointed) Then, is there any room for 9 to 11 May?
CS: (Again, keystorke sounds) Sorry, but that days are also fully booked. How bout 13 to 15 day, ms? We do have rooms for that day.
Me: Cannot, it's too late. Just now another CS told me that you guys still have room for 7-9 May, so can I just take a room for 2 days 1 night?
CS: The default package of Pearl Andaman 1 actually is for 3D2N. Mmmm... How 'bout I contact you back later, within an hour?
Me: Oh, ok then... Thank you.

...5 minutes later...
CS: Can I speak to ms. Linda? bla bla bla... I've helped you to check, and we might be able to provide you room for 8-10 May. Is it ok for you?
Me: Akh... (Happy) Really? You have room for me?
CS: (Laughing) Yeah, and if you would like to reserve it, send an email to me as confirmation, so I can issue the voucher for you.
Me: Ahhhh... Thank you so much...
CS: You're welcome. Have a nice day. (I can heard and felt that she was still smiling)
And this is how it ended my worries in aranging this trip. I was so happy. When I send a confirmation email to her, I wrote something for that lady.
P.S. And for the customer service in charge who handles my reservation, sorry for the trouble caused and thank you for the assistance. Appreciate that so much. 'Best Customer Service of the Year' Award for you.
I really am happy and grateful for everything. She might be able to just give me the 2D1N package (although I paid for the default 3D2N) but she put in effort to find for me. I know that this is her job, but she really does it pretty good. And that little kindness is like brightest light in the darkest night =D

I always believe when you do good thing that make other happy, willingly, you will feel good in return. A little good deed we did might means so much for others, and most importantly, what goes around comes around. =)

No comments: