Thursday, July 31, 2014

Living Hope


The short break is almost over, doing perfectly nothing is not much fun! I can enjoy them for a day or two, but after that I am in the state of depression, looking for things to distract me, keeping me busy.

The past few days, I have started reading “Giving” by Bill Clinton, and it really gets me thinking, a lot. There is this poor woman (financially, but rich in heart), donated all her life savings from washing and ironing people’s clothes. To the rich couples who said “we would rather die happy than rich”, by using what they have for good causes, greater causes!

Reading all their stories gets me an idea! Just want to jot it down now, as a reminder!

Every semester break, I am always in dilemma that without teaching I get paid. Then I would look for ways to compensate the parents! Not that I don’t deserve it after the hardwork, extra time that I would put in during the exam period, before the semester break, and it is something normal for the teachers in town, we get 12 months payment.

Anyway, for the upcoming semester breaks, I plan to donate certain amount of the tuition fee during the break time for the unfortunate kids! Getting my kids to be involved in it, teaching them about giving! That’s the rough plan! Got a lot more to do when the time comes! That’s the least that I could do. There is this helpless-feeling that I couldn’t do much, because I am too selfish, I cannot be selfless, but remind myself of Mother Theresa’s saying “if you can’t feed hundreds people, feed just one.”

There are stories of those good-hearted people who have touched my life! The real life not-so-super-kind-of “superheroes” that save and change life! I don’t know if anyone can relate to this, but as a child whose life is saved, I know how it feels to be ‘rescued’, to be given a chance to actually put together a chain of love, to live well!

We live because We are meant to! We were once a gift to some people, at least the parents who raise us, we now still are... Gifts to people who (whether or not they know us) put their hope and faith in us! For that, I want to do the little things that I am capable of doing, hope that it will get bigger one day~

Lots of Love,
Lin ^ ^

P.S. Someone who can help me carry a gallon of mineral water into the house would be a great hero to me now. =D Helpless about this~

No comments: