Friday, July 4, 2014

Grateful Heart

 
Yesterday, I finally made the visit to Rahmat International Wildlife Museum and Gallery. Had been wanting to do it for quite sometimes. For me I, it's quite amazing. The collections are shown in the 2 storeys building. We spent about an hour there. If ones intend to have a close look at each collection, it can easily take up 2 hours to finish the tour. It costs Rp. 32,000 and Rp 25,000 for adult and children tickets, respectively. Foreigner might be charged USD$ 10 though (about Rp. 120,000)



Anyway for that kind of money, My niece and I or any other parents may easily spend it on food in a fast food restaurant or in a game centre on a few round of machine games! If anyone is looking for another type of entertainment in town, the museum may be a good option. J I really recommend it. FYI, all the animals conserved inside are sourced from legal hunting, those which died in zoos, donations and gifts from friends of the owner (Mr. Rahmat Shah), or Legal purchases from all over the world. So those animals you will see inside are once alived and now preserved in the museum.
 
That’s just my personal opinion over the animals. Some people who look for big fancy things may not find the joy in that small museum. I would like to keep the kid’s heart in me who find every little thing as an adventure. That’s one of the best things that I learn from kids. J
 
This may be just my upbringing too. Thanks to my good parents, I haven’t been lacking anything, not food, not clothing, not education. In the environment where I grew up, there are many good things to play with, to see, to explore, but this is a big big world, thus there are also many things outside (in a bigger city) which I couldn’t get my hands on them, or even know they actually exist, when I was young!
 
We kids of the villagers played in the paddy field, flew kites, climbed trees, ran around without slippers, cycled to school under the sun, knew how a cow and goat look and sound like since young age, played with the things that are assumed as garbage for kids in the city, but treasure to us (sounds like Amazon?! J) It was small adventure in every game that we played, we had darker skin for playing under the sun, we were physically active and scientifically it is good, isn’t it? The drawbacks are I didn’t get to play in the game centre in the air-conditioned shopping mall, I only get to play with gadgets/video games after a few years of pleading, and we don’t have a museum in our ‘kampung’!
 
So here I am at my late 20, I still find those little things in the museums amazing! In fact, last two weeks, just visited Alive Museum in Singapore. Another good experience. Last year, visited the Madamme Tussauds Museum in Bangkok and last few years visited the toy museum in Singapore. They are all eye-opening for me!
 
There is never been too late for anything! J
 
So now, I am not complaining about childhood that is incomplete without those experiences that I had missed. In fact, I am grateful for what I had when I was young and I am happy that I get the chance to see what I haven’t seen before and actually have the time and energy to explore them!

No comments: