Monday, July 28, 2014

Lazy Recap


Just back from long semester break and after 2 weeks of teaching, here is another few days break for my valuable 5th week and of course Lebaran!
 
Selamat Lebaran for all muslim friends who are celebrating. :)
 
The past week had not been easy. I had been under the weather, the sore throat, running nose, cough, fever, but am recovering and with this time off, hopefully I can get my full recovery, because I am gonna fight harder in August! =D
 
How is everything going for the first 7 months in 2014? It has been a meaningful one....
 
First lesson learned, treasure health more than anything!!! I have a cousin who is now suffering from cancer and being given 3 more months to live isn’t something too nice to hear. The fact is that the sufferer doesn’t know her own condition. The intention is good, so that she won’t be feeling down. I am not sure what is best, but I really hope miracle happens. Her young children are definitely still needs her around longer.
 
Then another close friend found a cyst in her womb, get it ‘cleaned up’, and is recovering now. Hope everything turns out well after this... J
 
Me... Just get my general check up done and my cholesterol level is high! No medication yet, but going to control the food and more movement for the next two months. I don’t know what I have been eating though, haha.. must be the fried things! Nothing serious I hope, but at time like this, wishing mom is around to cook some more nutritious food for me.  
 
Next!!! Work! Set up a goal for this year, something reasonable, and achieving now! Feeling good about it... J
 
Third is coffee consumption. Had been coffee-addict last year! However with the time off, I somehow get better in controlling the consumption. Crave for it from time to time, but hopefully am able to keep it under-control for the next 5 months!
 
Fourth, it may seems a small deal for some, but for the rest of us who has trouble with it, it’s pretty depressing. It’s SLEEPING! Lately, been going to bed with lighter mind and sleep better. Learning to let go!
 
Fifth, been doing a lot of reading, but less writing... So gonna work more on the latter.
 
Sixth, upper braces’s off for almost 2 months now. The lower one is expected to be removed latest by September. After the long 5 years, I finally am going to be parted with it and I think I won’t miss it J
 
The seventh point for the seventh month this year, been missing my partner in a good way lately. Just passed our 2 years anniversary. It doesn’t feel like two years though, after all that we have been through! There is nothing beat seeing him in person, having each other close, but... if patience and understanding are what it needs for a better tomorrow, I really wish we both have what it needs.
 
Despite the ups and downs, Life is beautiful in its own way.
 
Am grateful that I am still breathing, still perform, still love, still kind and still brave and still live!
 
Prayers to those in Gaza and other lands of chaos... May peace be with you soon.
 
To life... be kind, be good and be beautiful~
 
Lin ^ ^
 
P.S. Pardon the lazy write up... :p

No comments: