Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Imagine world with "No Smiling Area"



Some people just do not know the simplest way to enjoy life. Smile and Laugh. What is the good keeping the "bitter look" in your face? Does it make you look Cool? Cold (to scare out unwanted people from you)? Professional? Aikh... I really cannot see any benefits in it.

Last Monday, I was in library. I took out two books from the shelf, wanted to borrow it. As we were rushing (needed to go to post office to pay our bills), I went to the counter and pass my ID to the Library Assistant, left it and asked Angel to collect it. Then, I went to the table where we sat, to saved all my documents in my thumbdrive. Here we go...

Angel came back to the table with one book. Then, I took the book and collected another book by myself. Guess what?! As I walked out, the scanner "tut tut tut". It happens sometimes, mmm or I might say quite often. Then, Angel looked at the books in my hand, said: "That book is red tag, so they haven't keyed in to the system."

If it happened to you, how would you react? Is this that serious?

As usual, I go back to the counter to return the book, Smiling (you will know what I should bold that little sweet word), then the who-so-called "Mother of Apiit Library", walked out from her room, and wanted to know what had just happened. So, I explained to her, still Smiling.

Mother: Do you know how serious is this? Why are you smilling just now?
Me: *Speechless and still smiling, I just knew 'Smiling' is forbidden there*

I'm so wanted to ask her how she want me to react? Put my serious look? Cry? Or...? But neef to control myself, few more days to go. 忍

For heaven sake, If it is that serious, still I need not to cry or be too serious, as it will solve the problem. Hardly see her smile. She is a good obachan, but lack that warm look in her face. Too bad~

Laugh for a bit won't kill. Like attracts Like. The more you complain about bad things, there they all come even more, and it works another way around. It's always your call...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well da, u know how the "mother of the library" react to this situation. Given if i am in your place, i think she will scold louder!

Dun worry, just smile and go on with ur life. Another two weeks, and you won't be seeing her anymore.

-cher-

Linda Tan said...

Haha... I'm fine with it, just wondering how can people live that life. Sigh~~

Later cant see her, how if I miss her. Wakakakakakak

Anonymous said...

If u miss her, just come back and see her la! So easy.

Take a red tag book, and walk out without borrowing it. Then the alarm will go off again, then she will come out and talk to you again! wakaka

-cher-