Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The past 7 months in 2013


 
7 months have almost passed in 2013, what have we achieved and what have we not started? We still have another 5 months to catch up what we are supposed to finish/start doing in 2013.

Goals are set in early 2013, and here are things that are ‘in track’:

1. Teaching: started early than what I expected. J Have been teaching for 5 months now (since March 2013), extremely short but eventful J Can be tiring (on Thursdays I teach for 11 hours), but the schedule was really up to me to decide (on Fridays I teach for 2 hours only J )
 
2. Parents’ blessing: Yes, we got it! He said: “As long as we do it right, they will approve.” That’s the very first baby step, we have long way to go, with ‘opportunities’ that we can’t afford to miss, our future is still a mystery. I would like to keep my faith, be positive!
 
3. Reading: Have been reading a few books, 8 books should not be a problem this year. 3 out of 5 books are religious books by Ajahn Brahm, then The Litigators by John Grisham and Time Keeper by Mitch Albom. Another 3 to go and I would have achieved the goal J Moreover, I have a very good history ‘teacher’ now, who always explains to me about the things that I had no interest to know back then, when I was in high school. He did better than my history teacher. It’s a compliment, old man.
 
4. More time with family: I think I did just fine. I realize living alone out there make me a bit selfish. Here I learnt how can some people put others first, because they are important, because they are our family, because they are people whom we love. 
 
5. Travelling: I don’t know if last April trip to Jakarta counts, but if that does not I have tickets for October trip with family, September for a function in Jakarta, and lastly, should be travelling in November again, locally. J  Nothing grand, but I am grateful!    

Something that I need to work on:
 
1. Writing: Have been typing on computer quite a lot, but not writing on anything particular, it’s preparing the materials for kids. I had an idea of a book (believe it or not! Talk to a publisher, and they were actually interested, but gotta put it ‘on hold’, as I am overwhelmed with the overall teaching routine.) Anyway, I’ll always keep this in mind, and it’s gonna happen in this life time! :)

2. Exercising: This always has been the most difficult one. Decided to do yoga! When I was eager to start, some issues with the new yoga centre. Pending... Then June was not an easy month, so busy fixing thing. July here it is... I just ‘rolled down’ staircase and it’s a bit painful L COME ON! I have August, September, October, November, and December to do something about this and get fit!!! The most difficult resolutions for the past 5 years??? Aww

Well Wishes,
Lin ^ ^

No comments: