Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What's done is finished. Wave 2011 Good bye~



Here we are at the end of year 2-0-1-1. In 3 more days we are going to welcome the new year, new resolutions and of course, new hope!

This year has not always been easy, but it's fruitful. At the very end of this year, I feel much happier as I am released from that burden and 'heavy' feeling of having no other choices. With parents' blessing and support from family and friends, everything is much much easier. I just need to try a little bit more, and let go when the time comes.

Anyway, wrapping up each year, it's a must to list down things that had been done and those which hadn't been done yet.

Travellings

This year, I made 4 short trips to Indonesia: Jakarta, Bintan, Medan and Bali. Also, 1 Malaysia trip. Each of them was made for a purpose, Jakarta for the theme park (FUN), Bintan for hanging out with friends (LEISURE), Medan for Family (QUALITY TIME), Kuala Lumpur for shopping (RETAIL THERAPY) and last Bali for the love I have for this place (RELAXING). Mom and Dad are very busy this year, so there was no time to go for a trip with them. Next year, I have reserved something for them :)


Books

Books have always been in my list every year. I actually read a lot this year, let's see: the Millenium trilogy (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl who played with Fire, and The Girl who kicked the Hornets' nest), Snow Flower and The Secret Fan, The Secret of Life of Bees, Namesake, Sophaholic Abroad, The Lost Symbol, the Lucky One, I Don't Know How She Does It, Opening the Door of Your Heart and rereading a few other my-all-time-favorite books :)


Toastmaster

I am a member of YMCA Toastmaster now. I enjoy the meeting :) I have done 4 projects so far and had been appointed and volunteered as Seargant at Arm, Timer, Table Topic Master, Table Topic Speaker, and Toastmaster of the Evening. The meeting has always been relaxing and fun, even after a tiring and stressful day at work.


The Run

I completed 2 runs this year; Great Eastern and Shape Run. However, I may not want to run anymore in the future, as it seems my legs are not meant for that. Anyway, will see... when it's for a good cause, I may want to run again :)


Application of Permanent Resident Status

I have finally submitted the application in end of September. It will take time to approve, but at least I have put in a lot of effort, just hoping for the best.


Year End Present for Myself
I make it a habit that at the end of the year, for all the effort and hardwork that I had put in, I will buy myself a present: 2 years ago was a notebook, a year ago was an iPhone, now it's a Camera, Canon G12. Satisfied =p~

Other Happy Things

I would like to welcome my nephew, Sean, again. Am also very proud of my older niece as she is now in Primary School, and younger one who has always been so cheerful and never failed to shed some happiness to her parents, grandparents and others around her. I am a proud aunt :)


Things that I have planned but didn't do:

1) Guitar Course. I am in dillemma to decide whether to reserve my time for this or for personal time and rest? still... I have no solutions for this yet~

2) Preparation for further study (I have new plan in mind now... I will not depend too much on others in this matter anymore. I determine what I would like to do and how to do it!)

3) Be Healthy. It's really not so much on what I eat, really! It's the environment that trigger that acidic fluid in my stomach. (In the future, I know what to do =D)


There is no regret in this, as what's done and not done are finished. I have faith that today is good enough and tomorrow will be better.

Have a Blessed, Healthy, and Happy New Year 2012!

No comments: