Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Wise One



I was reading the Fifth Harry Potter, AGAIN (never bored)... And I always admire the character of the headmaster, Professor Albus Dumbledore.

He is a wise old man that may be very difficult to be found in this real life. He speaks, shows up, acts ONLY when it is needed.

In one of the chapter, when the new term starts, he supposed to give a speech, welcoming the newbees and the old hands, as always before the dinner started. However, a simple realization that his students is hungry, and he only said "... now tuck in," is a gesture that much appreciated by all. This what made him Loved!

He is wise enough to see the good in people, appreciates those who might not have the brightest brain, but the good soul they have always had, e.g. Sybill Trelawney (Prof of Divinitation) and Neville Longbottom. He knows who have always stood by his side and fought for the same goals all along and show his appreciation to them (most of the time by believing in them and lead them to the right way, when they are lost.)

I, myself believe that we all might make a 'good' life with good brain, but it will never guarantee the quality of your life, won't it? Especially if you are acting like a proud a**hole with that brain of yours. Yeah, straight down to hell. Excuse me (ehmm ehmm)...

What's the point of this post? Nothing! I just want to jot this down, so that one day, I can come back here and being reminded how I hate those people who are the exact opposite of Prof Dumbledore, and I shouldn't be one! *Fingercrossed

No comments: