Sunday, March 15, 2009

Social Science


I was preparing myself for the interview with a social science research company. And during my research regarding social science, I encountered this website of SSRC (Social Science Research Council). It is actually an independent, not-for-profit research organization, based in New York. The focus is to mobilize researchers, policy makers, professionals, activists, and other experts from private and public sectors to develop innovative approach to issues of critical social importance.

I was really surprised for all the researches carried out and news published on how many issues and conflicts are going on in our surrounding. Not that I am not aware of it, but when everything is well-written, it seems clearer and easy to understand what the issues and how the impacts are.

And if you are interested in what's going on in the societies (or just need a little references for your project =P), please do visit SSRC Website. Good reading to spend some time.

No comments: