Sunday, August 13, 2017

The many 'faces' of many things

Yesterday, as we riding our motorbike to get some afternoon snacks, we passed by a Go-jek rider. He was looking at his phone, then looking left and right (most likely looking for an address) and in that moment forgot to look at the most important thing on street, the traffic. I assume he expected people to notice him and to not hit him. But out of the many people who noticed him and had the time to make the rational decision to avoid hitting him, there are those, one or two, who might not, who were just like him, not paying attention to the traffic. Looking at that, I was a bit upset. At that moment, they are the hazard on the road.

But there are also many many times that Gojek services had helped me, and many others out there. Making things convenience for the users and very cost effective comparing it to the conventional version of "ojek".

Again, from the traditional ojek riders' point of view, Go-jek is the reason their income slowly decreases and their family might have to suffer a bit because of that. Go-jek and many others online transportation mediums are a form of betrayal to the country, its culture and to them, the rider known as Tukang Ojek.

That is only one matter that we are discussing, we can see it from so many angles, so many perspectives, so many different point of views.

To think about it, all things in life have the many faces. Depends on how we want to look at it.

Source: http://meetmisso.com/


I was just in "discussion" with my partner, in which he saw that not as a discussion but rather an "argument". That night he came home late from work and exhausted I assumed, then we were talking about something about his job, then I asked more questions in order to get more details so that I can understand the overall picture of the situation. Then, as I asked more questions, he was losing his patience in explaining things and got upset and gave up. I too decided not to "prowl" further and rest the case there. The next day he told me nicely that I shouldn't be arguing with him about things when he was already tired from work. I understand his point there. However, I also made it known to him that it is never me that irritated him, its his feeling. Because if I were to asked questions when he is not tired, he will patiently explain it and be more receptive towards different opinion on the subject we discuss and normally he will do a better job in getting the messages through.

And it is not in my nature to just go with whatever people say. My brain has its way of thinking too. There are times that we don't see things eye to eye, but I will make him admit that there are times my way of thinking "inspire" him. Voila!

In this case, what I expected him to understand is to be more mindful of himself and the questions I asked are never meant to go against him, it is just he and I most of the time have different ways of looking at things, different ways in getting things done. None are the best way, but it is a better way simply because we are comfortable about it. So, we cannot force one and only one thing to be the "Divine".

On other matters, about the performing the role of mothers. There are no one right or wrong way in doing it. Some women choose to stay home and raise their kids themselves, with many consideration. Some women choose to go back to work and pay for help to raise their kids and try their best to spend quality time with their kids whenever they can. Many women pro the first and many women pro the latter. What's best? Nothing is best. At that moment, when the option is made by them and the family, it is just a better option giving all their life circumstances.

Every and each one of that woman have their consideration and with it sacrifices they made. The first sacrifices their work life (many smart women stay home to take care of the family) and the opportunity to show their best in the career of their dream (you never know!), as the latter group of women have to scarify missing the most important moment of their children, the first words, the first step, and the companion they wish they can give, but unable to do so, when the children are sick. Some might say that it's an option. She can stay home when the children need her, but what if no one helps in putting food on the table? Who know that part of her life? You and I don't.

Then, about raising kids. Some prefer home schooling, some others more conventional way of education, send them to school and let the professional, so called Teacher, to do their job. Which one are better? None! All have its pro and cons. You choose yours and let others choose theirs. Don't judge.

Sex before marriage with your partner? It is your choice in life. We are all grown up, we know the consequences and we must be brave enough to deal with the consequences of our action. Respect people for that!

For me, accepting others way of living isn't always an easy thing to do to be honest. There are times that I trying so hard to understand why certain people do certain things? For example, until now I am still in my quest to understand Adolf Hitler. Extreme!

Not judging is one thing easy to say than done. So the one thing I can do is try to understand. Playing reasons with myself, and all those things have to be done with compassion mind. Maybe some will say, you can just try not to care, not to bother, the question is "What if the person's action affects you in one way or another?" And you might have better answer for this than what I have.

Again, that's just the mane faces of many things.

Happy Weekend~

No comments: