Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Beijing Stay

 
My Beijing stay is going to end soon, in 2 days, when I am going to board my flight on Jan 19 at 2.20AM, leaving for Singapore, before going back to Medan.
 
These are a few things worth remembering about this stay:
 
1. I experience so many 'firsts' in Beijing:
- My first time to finance my own study
- My first winter
- My first snow
- My first boots
- My first 'dormitory' experience
- My first skiing
- My first 'puking' after too much drink
 
2. I am (re)confirming so many things in here.
-  Confirming the level of my Chinese Language. I am quite satisfied with my performance, although I know I can do better. My average grade is 92.25 points.
- Confirming my writing skill. I am surprised that I can actually write well in a foreign language.
 
3. I crosses path with friends from around the world:
- America: Abigail King
- UK: Fiona Jing 
- Thailand: Mod
- Hong Kong: Edith Leung, Madeline
- Malaysia: Eliza Khor
- Japan: Itsuko, Haruka, Yuya, Ryohei, Taku, Motoi
- Korea: Haye, DongHwan, Suen
- Indonesia: Cheng, Erwin, Theo
 
4. I missed a few things that seem so close, yet...
- Red leaves at Xiang Shan
- Forbidden city
- Skiing on top of a frozen lake
 
The weather has been colder and colder since I first landed, but I think I am gonna miss it (except the itchiness that is caused by the dry weather and of course the spitting tradition in here).
 
I just wanna say I Love BJ! :)
 
Less than 3,
Lin ^ ^
 
Beijing, BLCU, Dorm 17, Room #1006
January 16, 2013

No comments: