Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Basic Needs



Oh yeah... I just want to revise the thing I have learnt during my secondary school. It's about the basic needs, what we know as physiological needs. These are the needs that should be met before chasing to fulfill other higher level 'good-to-have-things" in life, as elaborated in the Maslow's Hierarchy of needs.

It had been more than a month since I had trouble sleeping, soundly. Normally, I did not wake up in the middle of the night, no matter what happen,'til my alarm woke me up. However, for the past month, I will wake up around 5a.m. or 6a.m., and can't go back to sleep anymore.

Then... last week, it reached the climax! I had only 2 hours sleep in 2 days. We, human, need 6 - 8 hours of sleep daily, and can you imagine if you only have 2 hours for 2 days? BAD!!! It is no longer like school/college time, where you can skip a class and no one will chase you. (of course, if you do it too often, you might not be able to sit for your exam... blah~)

Let me remind you some facts, about human's basic needs!

1. We need to go toilet regularly, either for the "big" one or the "small" one. The business just needs to be settled!

2. We need to sleep to recharge... We have our phone, notebook and other gadgets charged to enable them working properly. How could you expect human to function well if we are not fully charged?

3. We need to Eat! Believe me that there is only odd no of people who can survive without food. If people can survive with no food, we won't need the words like "hunger" and "famine". Religiously, Buddha does not recommend the extreme way by starving yourself to get enlightment. You have not been blessed by a goddes who had blessed the Indian man who made to the headline news for staying alive and healthy food for the past 70 years.

All in all... without fulfillng the above 3 things, we are just incomplete, and cannot be happy inside out! At least, it applies for myself! So be grateful if you got to eat, you go toilet regularly and able to sleep well. Happiness will just follow~

No comments: